Monday, September 30, 2013

Eating with allerigies

I don't know about you, but I suffer from food allergies, I am deathly allergic of to tree nuts. Almonds, Walnuts, Pecans, Pistachios, if it grows on a tree and it's a nut then I am allergic to it. That doesn't, however, include peanuts, because peanuts are a legume. Something that should not be a little known fact. But back to the fact that I am allergic to nuts, when I was younger it was horrible because nobody thought to ask if you were allergic to tree nuts. They barely asked if you were allergic to peanuts.
In today's allergy laden world my allergy to tree nuts isn't so strange, but its still difficult to find foods and treats processed in a plant free from tree nuts.
Frustrated, I did a search to find some foods that most people take for granted, granola. I would love to be able to just have granola. But I can not find granola anywhere except online where it is not processed with other tree nuts.
Thank goodness for the internet because it has made it possible for me to find granola, trail mix and other foods and treats processed and made in safe ways free of tree nuts and other allergens that could make me sick.
I look forward to sharing my findings with you.
Just because I have allergies doesn't mean I can't or don't have the ability to eat right or have the option available to eat right.


click to be taken to the website
check back for a review on their products


click to be taken to the website
check back for a review on their products


No comments:

Post a Comment